Sunday 28 August 2011

DESPIRE

There he sits, a wolf in sheep‘s covering
Stirring at me with face bent down
And spaghetti hair bent low
Like a bashful sheep ready to butt
Eyes peering over the roof of his goggles
That gives him the owl-like look
As a harbinger of fatal sinister

Guilty or not guilty! He roars
Like a hungry lion ready devour me
Raising his gavel in a wait for response
Like a hammer on a carpenters hand
His nails to my palms and eyes bloody red

I am his victim
The white sheep always slaughtered
On the altar of Gbemism
Always standing at the dock of sacrifice
Before his opened claws and teeth
With my hands traced behind like a fowl
The helpless white Christmas fowl
Destined to go down the stomach

My breath always on a mortals palms
Like an egg on a dagger point
Quacking epileptically to crash to pieces
At the slightest air blow
And wasting the unwanted precious slime

In my wretchedness I perish
Trembling in a wait for the final judgment
Over-adjourned judgment already known
My timid heart slams against my rib
My judgment is! I hear him say
And the egg came crashing to pieces
Which no man can ever put together.

Is the sheep devoured by the lion?
Just because it has no claws and teeth?
I guess someone or something watches
Even when the hawk naps the chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment